Licensing Home

Do you play music in your business?

Some business owners are surprised to learn that they need a licence to play copyright protected music in their business and don't always understand that simply buying a CD, for example, doesn't give them the right to play it in a commercial environment.  Generally speaking, any business that wants to play copyright protected music or music videos has to first obtain the requisite licences.


Common Questions:


  • PPCA AUS Council

    PPCA And The Australia Council Announce Recording Grants

    The PPCA and the Australia Council today announced the recipients of six grants totaling $75,000 offered under a joint initiative between the two organisations.

    Read more

  • PPCA (Thumb)

    Indie Week 2016 Australian Independent Labels Delegation Announced

    AIR, Sounds Australia and PPCA are proud to announce that they will again team up to facilitate and lead a delegation of Australian independent labels to Indie Week, the annual conference held by A2IM (American Association of Independent Music).

    Read more

  • Josh Pyke

    Josh Pyke Joins PPCA Board As Artist Representative

    PPCA is pleased to announce that ARIA Award-winning artist, Josh Pyke has joined the PPCA Board following the recent PPCA Artist Representative election.

    Read more

  • courtneybarnett-small

    Courtney Barnett wins 11th Australian Music Prize

    Melbourne singer-songwriter wins $30,000 courtesy of PPCA.

    Read more

  • PPCA (Thumb)

    Introducing the Early Childhood Education Licence

    PPCA has teamed up with APRA AMCOS, ARIA, The Copyright Agency | Viscopy and Early Childhood Australia to provide a simple licensing solution to early learning providers.

    Read more

Contact Us

Licensing Department
(02) 8569 1111
Fax:      (02) 8569 1183

Other Contact Details

Change My Details

To make changes, fill out a Licence Details form online so your licence can be reassessed. You can also print a copy to fill out & mail it to us.