First Nation Engagement Officer
PPCA is seeking a part-time (1-2 days per week) First Nation Engagement Officer to join our busy Distribution Department in Sydney’s Surry Hills. PPCA is a copyright collection society that licenses, collects and distributes fees for the use of protected recordings and music videos.
The role will have a dual reporting line to both the Distribution Manager and Chief Operating Officer, with a particular focus on outreach to First Nations contemporary music industry professionals to drive awareness of PPCA and increase artist and licensor registrations.
This administrative role will include:
- Building networks with First Nations contemporary music industry professionals, organisations and artists;
- Liaising with First Nations Artists/Mangers/Record Labels regarding their track registrations;
- Assisting with the maintenance of track registration information in our distribution database;
- Assisting in the processing of track play information, in order to distribute licence fees collected to registered artists and recording labels; and
- Reconciling and processing ad hoc payments, on the resolution of registration disputes.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Existing First Nations music industry relationships and connections;
- Familiarity and understanding of current best-practice cultural protocols and processes;
- Experience working with First Nations communities;
- An understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
- An ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the contemporary music industry;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with all types of artists, managers and all levels of record label personnel; and
- A diligent work ethic.
- Data entry experience;
- Ability to work without supervision;
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and particularly Excel);
- Experience with a record company in royalty accounting and/or qualifications in Music Industry studies would be an advantage;
- Experience in accounts / reconciliation will also be highly regarded.
This is an identified position, within the meaning of special measures under subsection 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Please apply with resume and covering letter to HR.Mail@ppca.com.au