COLLECTION: We need to collect the information requested for the purpose of assessing your application, granting you a licence for the webcasting of sound recordings, administering the licence and for closely related business purposes.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING INFORMATION: If you do not provide all of the information requested, it may prevent us from processing your application. In addition, your licence may not match your actual use of sound recordings, and you may infringe copyright in some sound recordings.
USE AND DISCLOSURE: We will use and disclose personal information only for the purposes for which it is collected or in accordance with the Privacy Act, including:
- assessing webcasting licence applications, granting and administering webcasting licences;
- maintaining licensing records;
- providing information to PPCA licensees on licensing matters and music industry events and information. If you do not wish to receive this type of information, please contact our Privacy Officer;
- providing information to the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) for the purpose of its licensing activities;
- providing information to Music Rights Australia and our licensors for the purpose of licence verification;
- to other collecting societies on a confidential basis;
- providing information as authorised or required by law; and
- with your consent.
ACCESS: Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to seek access to any personal information that we hold about you, unless we are permitted by law to withhold access to that information. Any requests for access to your personal information should be made in writing to the Privacy Officer at PPCA, PO Box Q20, Queen Victoria Building NSW 1230 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org