Virgin Australia Baggage Deal
From 19 August 2021, Virgin Australia introduced brand new economy fares including Economy Lite, Economy Choice and Economy Flex, each of which will offer different booking options giving travellers choice based on their needs.
Travellers will continue to receive 23 kilograms of checked baggage and seat selection when they book an Economy Choice or Economy Flex fare. Economy Lite seat-only fare will give travellers the option to remove the unwanted cost of checked baggage from their ticket price.
As a proud supporter of the Australian music industry, Virgin Australia are pleased to advise they will continue to offer complimentary Musicians baggage allowance of 3 pieces of checked luggage at 23kg per piece on Economy Choice, Economy Flex and Business fares when travelling domestically on Virgin Australia.
As the Economy Lite fare is a seat only product, from 1 October 2021 complimentary baggage allowance will not be applicable to bookings where Economy Lite has been purchased.
To be eligible for Virgin Australia’s music industry baggage allowance, musicians must be financial or bona fide members of one of the following Australian Music Industry bodies:
- Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA)
- Music Council of Australia (MCA)
- Association of Artist Managers (AAM)
- Australian Independent Record Labels Association (AIR)
- The Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA)
- The Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society (AMCOS)
- Live Performance Australia (LPA)
- Musicians Union of Australia (MUA)
- MEAA Symphony Orchestra Musicians Association (SOMA)
- Australian Freelance Musicians Alliance (AFMA)
- Country Music Association of Australia (CMA)
- Australian Folk Alliance (AFA)
- Australian Chamber Orchestra (ACO)
- AMIN’s member organisations: Queensland Music Network, Music Tasmania; Music NSW, Music NT, Music Victoria, MusicSA, MusicACT and The Western Australian Music Industry Association
- Phonographic Performance Company of Australia Limited (PPCA)
HOW TO BOOK
Once you have booked a domestic flight with Virgin Australia, note your booking reference number.
- Email email@example.com with your booking reference number and Music Association Membership number. Please note this must be done at least 2 business days prior to travel.
- To make a group booking of 10 or more guests, please contact Group Sales on 13 67 00 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Virgin Australia encourages eligible members to book flights via their music industry travel specialist.
In the event that booking via your music industry travel specialist is not an option, bookings can be made via www.virginaustralia.com